Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing Science
"The legacy of social entrepreneurship runs deep in this program. Graduates will be prepared to take up leadership roles in various sectors of health care and be change agents in the field. They will be ready to address both local and global health challenges, contributing to the delivery of 21st-century health care and improved patient outcomes."
Juliana Mwose has more than 10 years' experience in nursing higher education, including six years at Saint Mary's College. Prior to that, she was a clinical instructor at Indiana University South Bend. Mwose has also spent the last 15-plus years as a practicing critical care nurse in the greater Michiana area.
DNP, Valparaiso University
MSN, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
BSN, Indiana University South Bend
Area of Expertise
Critical care of the adult
Clinical nursing education
Identification and treatment of delirium
Graduate Courses Taught
NURS 604: Evidence-based practice I
Saint Mary's College, Assistant Professor, May 2012 - present
Saint Mary's College, Visiting Assistant Professor, January 2009 - May 2012
Saint Mary's College, Adjunct Clinician Professor, August 2008 - December 2008
Indiana University South Bend, Clinical Instructor and Associate Faculty Member, 2005-2008
Kindred of Northern Indiana, Critical Care Nurse, 2006–present
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Clinical Educator, 2008–2012
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Clinical Supervisor, 2005–2006
Memorial Hospital, Critical Care Nurse, 2005–2007
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Critical Care Nurse, 1999–2005
Awards and Honors
- Poster Board Scholarship, CNS Annual Conference Presentation, 2012
- Kindred Health Nursing Scholarship Award, 2011-2012
- Nursing Education Scholarship, Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center, 2001
- Shields Scholarship for Nurses, 1997
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- American Nurses Association
- American Heart Association
- "Nursing welcome mat to the hospital, an advanced practice nurse's responsibility." Clinical Nurse Specialist CNS, July 2010; 24 (4): 185–186.
- With B. Flagg, L. Cox, S. McDowell, & J. Buelow. "Nursing identification of delirium." Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal For Advanced Nursing Practice, (2010), 24 (5), 260–266.