Why Earn a PSM?
The worlds of science and business are merging creating the need for a new kind of mathematician and scientist: a well-rounded individual who has deep knowledge in his/her subject area coupled with the ability to communicate effectively and manage projects. PSM programs combine rigorous study of mathematics or science with workplace skills like communications and project management. PSM programs prepare graduates to succeed in our 21st century global economy.
PSM programs prepare you for math and science careers in many fields including business, government, higher education or nonprofit organizations, where workforce needs are increasing. Regardless of the employment sector, PSM graduates are finding exciting, well-compensated careers.
- Emphasize written and verbal skills, leadership and team building
- Include project or practicum experience rather than a thesis
- Prepare students for math and science careers in business, government, higher education, or nonprofit organizations, where workforce needs are increasing
- Adjust to rapidly changing technology
- Meet the shifting demands of the workforce
- Can accommodate working professionals
At Saint Mary's, our PSM program combines rigorous study of mathematics and computer science with workplace skills like project management, communication, and technical writing.
Saint Mary’s College's Master of Science in Data Science program has been approved for affiliation as a Professional Science Masters (PSM) degree by the PSM National Office.